Tuesday, May 27, 2008

All the best S....will miss u!!

Met S yesterday...to say tata-bye byes before leaving...

But just abt said the tatas...n best of luck..but left so much unsaid..

Most imp of which wud have been a big "Thank You" for everythng..S is one person besides my immediate family who's made my MBA dream possible...everythng starting from the very idea..the motivation...d support...d ideas...d way forward...came from her..

I don't remember the last time when someone's desperation made me so worried..and when someone's success had me jumping on the bed...

S is pretty non-religious n non superstitious...but in all my MBA related prayers to God...I used to put in a good word for her always :)

It strange how the girl who I was so wary of in office...who I thot wid be the snooty snobbish uptite kinds..turned out to be such a great friend of mine...infact I wud rate her as one of the most helpful people I've ever met.. not to mention amazingly down to earth..

I wudn't say S n me r the best of friends..atleast we have never acknowledged it that way..we both know that in a particular phase of our lives we stuck to each other n did what we cud for each other...the whole MBA thing not a you n me but a "we have to do it" kinda thing...

There were times I'd spend more time wid her in a day than i did with my own sister...we'd be stuck on d phone all day...leading to several speculations about our ahemmmmmmm "preferences" :P...everytime she called...Mom wud smirk n say "Oh..girlfriend's calling!!"

We mite not end up being frnds for life...cuz we have had a relationship more of mutual respect maybe if I could say so rather than backslapping bonhomie...but yes friends don't hav to hold ur hand n walk the entire journey of life..along the way u meet people who r thr to help u cross that difficult stretch..S is exactly dat for me...

I am quite in awe of her actually...she's a neat 3 yrs younger than me...but 3 times more mature...n i for some strange reason am quite scared of getting on her wrong side..don't ask me why..i dunno!!:-O

It wud be terribly corny if i say thanks to S...infact yesterday was happily surprised when she gave me a hug..S is one those very no-nonsense kind of people...very non-mushy sorts...so dat gesture coming from her caught me off guard...but yes that is exactly what I would have liked to do too... :)

Now that both of us will be mighty busy...i'll miss all our chats..talking abt everythng under the sun...every teeny lil fear..apprehension..stupidity...gossip..bng discussed wid her..cuz i fear its not really gng to be the same between us from hence forth...we'll be in touch for sure...but wonder whatour friendship will be like from now on..

Thanks S and S's family...they don't make people like u anymore...its been a pleasure knowing u all :)

1 comment:

Sonal said...

am so touched. That got me all teary eyed. It means a lot to me. Thank u. :)